We are half way through May–what have you done to support a foster youth this month? What a great time to reflect on what foster care is and what we all can do to change a lifetime. Here are some some great ideas about what you can do locally if you have a few minutes, a few hours, a few weeks or more. If you are one of our many out of town friends, check out www.fostercaremonth.org for great ideas nationwide.
If you have a few minutes:
- Donate to an organization helping foster children, like us!
- Become an EBCLO Facebook Fan and read about foster care issues in your News Feed.
If you have a few hours:
- Learn more about California Youth Connection and support foster youth legislation by contacting your legislator: http://www.calyouthconn.org/
If you have a few months or more:
- Tutor a child in foster care.
- Become an educational representative for a child in foster care by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)
Thank you for your commitment to foster youth–we can all make a difference this month!