Each May, we share our ideas about how you can learn more or get more involved.
If you have a few minutes:
- Shop for culturally relevant and foster care related books for our clients from our wish lists.
- Follow EBCLO on Facebook and Instagram and then follow organizations we follow to stay informed.
- Champion legislation that benefits youth aging out of the system by writing a support letter for AB 2189 which requires Social Services Agencies to make active efforts to make sure youth have stable housing before aging out.
- Watch the 30 minute documentary Unadopted about Noel Anaya’s exploration of his childhood in foster care.
If you have a few hours:
- Volunteer to bake cakes for children in foster care with Cakes4Kids!
- Are you a caregiver? Join EBCLO & Parents and Caregivers for Wellness at the Capitol in Sacramento on May 17 to advocate for increased access to mental health services at school. Register here.
If you have more time: