HomeSite MapContact
AboutResourse For AdvocatesResource For YouthNews and EventsGet InvolvedSupport Us
support us

Your donations work miracles.
Make a difference in the lives of others today.

follow us

Become our fan




7700 Edgewater Drive, Suite 210
Oakland, California 94621
(510) 496-5200
Fax: (510) 496-5250


EBLCO Team Photo 2018

Transitional Housing Resources

Are you looking for housing? There are several organizations that offer housing to current and former foster youth*. Most often you are paired with a roommate after an intake and interview process. You and your roommate get a two bedroom apartment somewhere in Alameda County. The different programs have different participation requirements (like meeting with a case manager and paying some rent and utilities). If you are a parenting person, you may have your own apartment.

To Apply:
  1. Call your social worker if you are currently in foster care,
  2. Call your lawyer and tell him or her you are interested,
  3. Call the program directly and ask them how to apply, or
  4. Contact Beyond Emancipation and ask to “do an intake” and then ask the case manager assigned to you about how to apply.

RAFA – Bay Area Youth Center – Bay Area Youth Center has a housing program called RAFA.
22245 Main Street, Suite 200
Hayward, CA 94541.

Beyond Emancipation – One of the MANY things they can help you with is housing. They can connect you to all the housing organizations, or their own housing program.
675 Hegenberger Road, Suite 100
Oakland, CA 94621.
(510) 667-7694.

Rising Oaks – Fred Finch Youth Center – On their beautiful campus lays Rising Oaks, the newest transitional housing option in Oakland. Every resident has their own studio. Click here for contact info.

Project Independence – ABODE – ABODE has a housing option for current or former foster youth called Project Independence. Many of their apartments are in the Hayward area.
Abode Services,
Administrative Office: 40849 Fremont Boulevard
Fremont, CA 94538.
(510) 657-7409.
(510) 252-0428

First Place for Youth – First Place has housing all over Alameda County.
426 17th Street
Oakland, CA 94612.
(510) 272-0979

*Housing for former foster you (means your case was dismissed) is only available to age 24, and you only get 24 months of it.